Thursday, July 31, 2008

DeHoyos Petting Zoo

We have been trying to knock me up for a while, but no luck so far :( I tried an ovulation test last month and I never ovulated so I'm going to try it again and if it's still nada I'll go see a Doc. I was feeling kinda crappy about it and one of my patients had Yorkie puppies, so I went and bought one! She is so loving and adorable! (Hopefully I can upload some pics sometime). We named her Emily! I know we have way too many animals, but odd numbers bother me and this evened us out -now we have Katie & Kitty, Emily & Emma! Edward joked if we don't get me pregnant soon we're going to have to start charging people to come to our small petting zoo. I have to vacuum lots and Emily has to wear a doggy diaper till I get her potty trained. I have bout 15 friends who are pregnant right now and I'm so excited for them! 13 of them are having girls which is kinda crazy! I'm thinkin now would be a good time to have a boy!

4 comments:

B-Hams said...

So fun! I love your blog, cancun looks amazinag, you and Edward look great to! YOur family is so darling I think that Emily is the perfect addition to your loving home. I know that Heavenly Father will send you an extra special blessing soon. It seems the more you wait and sometimes the more trials you go through the greater the blessing.

Erin said...

Nancy... you crack me up. I love that the first line I of your blog right now talks about how you guys are trying to "knock you up." Love it! Congrats on the new puppy. I'm afraid when we have our baby, she'll be as hairy as I was and everyone will THINK she's a puppy...

Erin said...

Nancy... Stephenie Meyers books are good, fun reads. My sister-in-law is CRAZY about them... I just think they're fun. They are entertaining. Not the best books i've read (I still say Harry Potter takes that...) but they're good.
As for the betel nut. Ah. The betel nut... I work with a lot of refugees... and it is a nut that is chewed by people in Asian countries. Especially Burma/Myanmar. It has a similar effect to caffeine or nicotine... give people a little buzz when they chew it. The bad news is: It increases risk for oral, stomach, lung, esophogeal and other cancers; grinds the teeth down; and leaves THE WORST!!!! reddish-brown stain on the teeth that is awful to get off. :) Keeps me in business!

Jill said...

What a fun blog! I'm glad you commented on ours so that we knew you had one too. So when I was reading this post it made me think of a book that is genius in helping women figure out what the heck is going on with their bodies. It's called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. Not sure if you've heard of it or not, but just thought I'd throw that out there! Take care!