Monday, August 25, 2008

I LOVE the temple!!!

When Edward and I argue it would probly scare some people and make others laugh. For instance, sometimes Edward's only day off is Sunday and our ward starts at 8:30 am, so often Edward doesn't roll out of bed till 8:20ish. (It's a good thing our church is just down the street!) One week I decided to go on time and then come back and pick him up after taking the Sacrament. I told him my plan, but he was in the shower so I guess he didn't hear me. When I came back to get him he was back in his pajamas and back in bed! I was so mad! I guess he had been calling for me to help him pick out a tie (color blind) and when he discovered I'd left without him he got his feelings hurt. So the next Sunday when we were late again I kinda blew up! I was yelling at him but he said "I can't hear you crazy lady cuz I'm in the shower" so I climbed in the shower fully dressed in my sunday clothes (make-up and hair done too) so that he could hear me yell at him better! By the time I was done with my tantrum I was soaking wet and we both just started laughing. I am sooo gratefull for the temple, when I go it helps me put things in proper perspective (pretty much all of our fights are over really stupid stuff) and it helps me realize how I can handled certain situations better in the future. The blessings from the temple give Edward and me a good chance at making it foverever! Granted we've only been married for 3 years and don't have all that much expertise yet, but I do know I love him more and more all the time!

6 comments:

Becca said...

That story is hilarious! I know, sometimes I feel like our lives could be a sitcom. I'm glad you're blogging. I love staying in touch this way.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Oh Nancy! That is so funny! I'm sure it would have been not as funny as it was happening, but it's good you can laugh about it now. I agree, the temple is wonderful!

Erin said...

I love that story! Sounds like us... and I thought we were the only ones! And, I can totally picture you climbing into the shower fully clothed. :) You're cute. I miss you!

Jen said...

Fighting sucks, but reading your story made me more light-hearted about the spats Derrick and I've had. It happens to every couple and that's something to relax about. Thanks Nancy!

B-Hams said...

You are so funny, I told tyler your story and he doesn't believe me that you could ever get mad! You are so sweet Nancy! Don't worry I can't get Tye to wear a tie ever! I have to put it on him and he complains all through church!I to have to drag him out and he even has a calling the primary! geez men I tell ya what would they do without us!

Call family said...

That is sooo HALARIOUS!!! Jumping into the shower is the best!! It's funny how time helps heal things... i love the temple for the proper perspective it gives!