Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!!!




This is my beautifull Mom! She is the most amazing woman you will ever meet! She is a cancer survivor and crazy teenage daughter survivor = ). I know everyone thinks their Mom is the best, but I really think mine is! She is a woman of many talents! She has an incredible greenthumb. (As is evident by the flowers blooming in the background.) I think because she nurtures weeds and plants alike for their respective herbal and medicinal properties, they in turn flourish under her care! (Unfortunately I do not have this talent -I struggle to keep plants alive). It always amazes me when we go for walks together how she can name all the plants along the way and tell me what they can be used for! (even down here in the middle of Pheonix where I didn't think anything good grew.) I've always admired her for getting her Bachelors and becoming an RN. She is a hard worker! She is a gifted tole painter -and has made lots of cute decorations to make home festive for every Holiday!  She cans food, bakes bread, sews, you name it! And a hidden talent -she has written 300 pages thus far for a book about Jay/Autism! I hope I can be as kind, patient, and loving to my children as she has been to me.  What I admire most about my mother though is her steadfastness and love of the gospel! Her testimony is rock solid and unwavering, and she has a vast knowledge and understanding of the scriptures that only comes from years of earnest studying.  She has an inner strength and peace that she uses to uplift others. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mother and friend! Happy Mothers Day Mom!  

4 comments:

Valerie and Garrett said...

Your mom does sound so amazing, Nancy! Like mother like daughter, I always say! :) YOU, my dear, are so awesome! And I know your mom will feel so great because of the nice things you wrote about her! Happy Mother's Day!

Becca said...

Your mom is so sweet and amazing. I agree with everything you wrote!

Jen said...

Your mom is a true Renaissance Woman! She can do everything! I wish a younger, dumber me had payed more attention while I hung around your house as a kid and absorbed some of her vast knowledge :)

Nancy said...

Me too! I didn't absorb much.