Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fishing with my Dad!

I went to Page last weekend for a visit! My dad and I tied at 302 points in an intense Scrabble game Friday night (Shocker, cuz my Mom usually wins!), so we agreed that the tiebreaker was whoever caught the most fish the following morning!


I love going trout fishing with my Dad down the Colorado river! For me it's more about the hike than it is the fish though.  It's so beautiful and serene down in the canyon. 



Hiking down in.  I love my Dad!!! 


Finally reaching the bottom!


My Dad was kind enough to thread my worms for me! Edward will never go fishing because he feels bad for the worm on the hook, and then the fish on the hook afterwards! He has such a tender heart for all living things! He won't even kill spiders, he scoops them up on a magazine and then carries them outside! Anyway, back to fishing...


At first all we caught were big gobs of slimy green moss. Gross. 


We moved further down river and found a nice sandbar.  I could even wade out in the freezing cold water here and cast out a little further.  Fishing is all about location!


Getting a nibble...


A fish at last!  In the end I caught 4 fish and my Dad caught 1.  


Now to hike back up and out with the added weight of the fish in the pack.  My legs were a little sore the next day! 


Gotta love that Arizona red rock! 

The sun was just setting as we reached the truck, and finding our way back to the highway was tricky business! There are like a million dirt roads winding around the Navajo Reservation, and they crisscross each other everywhere!   My dad tried blazing his own path across the desert, but we couldn't get the 4-wheel-drive to work. I'd rather be in the truck looking for the highway though, than running along the highway looking for the truck (which has happened before)!  It's always an adventure with my Dad : )  Thanks Dad! It was a fun trip! 

9 comments:

Nancy said...

I thought of you this trip Jen! The last time I'd been fishing was with you and Buzz. Good timez!

Jen said...

I hope we can go again sometime. I had a blast and your dad even threaded my worm and unhooked my fish for me too! I'm glad you had a good time. I can't believe how long your hair is! You look beautiful.

B-Hams said...

Wow what a beautiful place to visit and fish! You look so pretty! Just as I left you! Your mom is amazing, I remember meeting her and thinking that she was the neatiest person ever! Oh and happy anniversary! I was so thankful to be apart of your wedding, I will never forget that day it was such a wonderful spiritual day. You looked so pretty!

Moore Minutes said...

Wow...that looks like a big hike... You look beautiful in the picture!

Dorey said...

This looks so fun! Nothing better then a date with dad. =) Love the pictures! Of course you look gorgeous and the shots of your Dad are so awesome! You'll have to frame them. =)

DaNell said...

I love fishing, maybe I will sneak out to do that this summer. Looks like lots of fun.

Dorey said...

Muahahahaha! I LOVE your bee story! Seriously funny! I'm sure that was one painful bee sting. ouch. =)

The Gracie Jones blog said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous place. And how fun to hang out with your dad. I second Crystal, you look gorgeous Nancy!

Moore Minutes said...

I already commented on this, but just checking in to tell you to post again soon!! ;)