Friday, October 31, 2008

I have a thing for "Edward's"!


I bought the book Twilight awhile back because I've heard so much about it I wanted to find out what the fuss was all about, but I kept putting off reading it because it sounded kinda dumb to me. I think because I was so determined not to like it, I hated the first chapter and almost didn't read anymore. I say almost because it hooked me after that and I stayed up till 2am reading! (Yup, I got 4hrs of sleep last night, the hardest thing about being an adult is telling myself when to go to bed). I've only read the first 150 pages, but so far I looove the Edward character! I even went back and re-read the Edward parts at lunch today before continuing on :)
When I think about it I always like Edward characters. I love Edward Rochester in the book "Jane Eyre", and the Edward in "Sense and Sensibility". When I was in college my 3 roomates all left to go home for a three day weekend. (I lived to far away to go home, and I had an old car running on hamsters that wounldn't have made the trip anyway.) So I had a movie marathon and one of my roomates had an edited (TV recording) of Pretty Woman. I must've watched that 3 times that weekend cuz I loved the Edward guy, I even went to the mall and pretended like I had Richard Gere's credit card (the part where she goes shopping) and I tried on everything I liked at Ann Taylor and Bannana Republic just for fun. (I couldn't really buy anything).
Of course I think the hottest most charming Edward is the one I married! I love reading in my journal about our first dates. He still makes my heart flutter!

3 comments:

Stephie said...

We all love Edward!

I am sooooooo excited for the movie! The twilight books are awesome!!!!!

Dorey said...

I loved the books, the second was probably my least favorite. I think it's funny how everyone imagines Edward a little different too. =)

B-Hams said...

I am right their with ya, I didn't want to read the Twilight books and I hated the first chapter, but once I got into it I really love the books! I miss ya girl come out here and visit us!