Sunday, April 25, 2010

I exploded =)


Shortly after Easter my belly really popped out, and since then it just keeps growing and growing! I love this stage of pregnancy because I can feel him moving around : ) I still have 4 months left though so I'm starting to wonder just how big I'm going to get. Snacking and sleeping all the time is so not a healthy lifestyle. Edward would laugh at me some days because I would start to nod off before we had even finished eating dinner. It was like someone took my batteries out, my body would just completely shut down so I couldn't even think straight. I'm getting past that stage now though, and lately I've been having these wonderful bursts of energy (usually fueled by crafty projects;).
I've been refusing to buy maternity clothes -doing the hair-tie through the belt loop thing with long shirts pulled down over, and wearing stretchy skirts, but I finally broke down and went to my favorite little thrift store "Hope's Closet". It is a cute little shop that runs completely on volunteer basis to help raise funds for women and children who are victims of domestic violence. I got 9 cute shirts in bigger sizes, all in great condition, from Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Gap, etc. and a skirt for a total of $15 dollars. Can't beat that!
Last night Edward and I ordered pizza and as we were waiting to pick it up, another customer in line asked us what we were having. Edward automatically answered "Pepperoni and Jalapenos". I had to laugh, he's not used to being asked that question. It was funny to watch his face as it dawned on him the gentleman was referring to our baby =)

9 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Your belly is so cute! I am glad you are FINALLY showing!! ;) It is really adorable! Great job on finally buying maternity clothes too! Sounds like a great store! Wish we had one here...does the DI count??? JK!

Erin said...

A) You're SUPER cute.
B) Hilarious about the pepperonis and jalapenos!

Rachel said...

You are so cute! I can't express my excitement for you. I can't wait to see how cute your little boy is going to be.

Jen said...

How fun. You look SO cute by the way, but I can't believe you're still wearing heels as pregnant as you are. You're a wonder woman!

The pizza story is so classic, I giggled.

Valerie and Garrett said...

Haha! I love the pizza story! And You are ADORABLE! Cute prego tummy! I love it!

Becca said...

With only 3 months to go you should be wearing maternity clothes by now! You will be amazed how stretchy your belly can get (you saw the pregnancy picture of me). You are so cute and I love the prego shots! :)

Dorey said...

Awwww, you are SO cute Nancy! You are one hot mama! Yeah, I am just as far along as you and I am not looking so hot! :D

Blackson family said...

You look so cute!!! Yay for 3 more months. Great bargain shopping, maternity clothes can be depressing sometimes, glad you found some cute shirts. I laughed out loud reading what Edward's response was in regards to the pizza....'pepperoni & jalapenos.'

B-Hams said...

Nancy! I love your cute little belly! I hear you on no energy! Its good to sleep get it while you can b/c you will never have it again ha ha! I can't believe you have 3 more months left, I am so excited to see what he looks like! I know he is going to be so so cute!