Sunday, March 8, 2009

Out with the old...

I usually never have a cell phone longer than a year cuz I drop it and break it, or my cat knocks it in the bathtub, or I get pushed in the pool unexpectedly (actually -that one's Edward). Amazingly the phone I have now is three yrs old! A few buttons have popped off and there's makeup caked between the keys (gross I know), so I decided it was time to upgrade. I was going through my old saved text messages before I transfer everything over and the ones from Edward make me smile. I decided just to post them for memory sake (this is the closest thing to a journal I have going right now), even though some of them won't make any sense to anyone else reading them :)

*Sweet your like every other dummy in the land. (I shredded my T-mobile Rebate card cuz I thought is was a credit card offer -they said people accidently do that all the time.)
*On Valentines he sent me a pic of Sylvester the cat holding a boquet of flowers. He says I'm like Pepe-Le-Pew (the skunk) cuz I chase him around the house and smother him. Seldom happens ;)
*Pray 4 your soul
*Off to the temple w/missionaries c u later
*Should love your husband he bought it
*Thats a sweet T where does one get such a fine garment? (I sent him a pic of my dad concentrating hard on a scrabble game, and my dad happened to be wearing a T-shirt Edward got him :)
*How's the kissing booth workin out? (I was helping my Mom with her nursing booth -there was no kissing :)
*I'm back stage with Jack Black (He really was!)
*Good. At least we wern't the only dummies up at 4am (We were up taking care of our friend's kids while they were at the hospital having another baby :)
*Welcome to the jungle baby
*Rise and shine little girl
*Way to be old school. Where r u?
*Have a good time. I love u. No speeding! (Taking off for another trip to Page to see my fam. I'v gotten a lot of tickets.)
*Way to do your patriotic duties
*Good morning wef a (nickname -pronounced "weefay" = means "wife".)
*Do u want me to get u a Harry Potter book?
*I 87 hundred dollars love u
*3 down, an eternity to go. I super love u. (On our third anniversary)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Edward seems so funny and sweet, I wish we knew him better! Was he really backstage with Jack Black? For a Tenacious D concert or what? Love you!

B-Hams said...

That is so sweet! Edward is such a nice guy! I remember when you were dating and getting ready to marry him. What fun memories! I am so glad he is so good to you! Good choice Nancy!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Nanc, those onesies I made are way easy. You just get "wonder under" and iron it onto some fabric, draw a shape on the wonder-under, cut it out and iron it onto the onesie. Then you stitch around the onesie with a sewing machine. It's a sinch...you could do it easy.

Nancy said...

Edward was at a big Wal-Mart convention in Florida, and Jack Black was there to promote merchandise for the movie Kung Fu Panda. Edward's division was being honored for excellence so they were supposed to burst through this big paper onto the stage -and Jack was backstage just hanging out.

Moore Minutes said...

Hey! You have a blog. :) too fun...Great way to save your old texts too by the way. This will be fun to keep updated with blogs.

Dorey said...

Last time I got a new phone they weren't able to transfer my pictures {because the phone was broken} and it made me really sad. I'm glad you saved these, that's cute. =) TTYL